Lunch - Egg and Tomato Toasts
What to find:
4 large tomatoes (400g)
One tablespoon olive oil
4 pieces brown bread (toasted)
What to do:
1. Put the tomatoes into a bowl and cover with boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
2. Use a slotted spoon to remove the tomatoes. You should be able to peel off the skin easily.
3. When you have taken the skin off, cut the tomato into four on a chopping board. Remove the seeds and core with your fingers.
4. Chop the tomato flesh into small pieces.
5. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk the eggs together (with a fork or a balloon whisk).
6. Add the chopped tomatoes and some black pepper.
7. Melt the olive oil and butter, in a non stick frying pan over a gentle heat. Tip the egg and tomato mixture into the pan and stir gently with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs have scrambled.
8. Pile the mixed egg and tomato high on the toast and eat immediately.
Notes for Adventurous Cooks:
Add some cooked ham, mushrooms or roasted peppers at step 7.
ALWAYS HAVE A GROWN-UP IN THE KITCHEN WHEN YOU COOK