Blueberry and Poppy seed muffins
What to find:
300g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp poppy seeds
125ml vegetable Oil
125g frozen blueberries
Muffin tray and cases
Large mixing bowl
What to do:
1. Put the oven on 190˚C 170ºC Fan Gas Mark 5
2. Put the muffin cases into the muffin tray.
3. Put the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, into a mixing bowl.
4. Measure the milk and oil into a large measuring jug and beat together (the liquids).
5. Add the egg to the liquids and mix well.
6. Add the liquid ingredients and blueberries to the dry ingredients and fold until the mixture is ‘just’ mixed.
7. Use a tablespoon, to spoon the mixture into the cases. Use a spatula to scrape the last of the mixture out of the bowl.
8. Put the muffin tray into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
9. Transfer the hot muffins from the tray to a cooling rack – they will go soggy if you leave them in the tray to cool.
ALWAYS HAVE A GROWN-UP IN THE KITCHEN WHEN YOU COOK